BbTALKIN' Unit Installation Guide
PowerFly Universal Quick Steering Nozzle
- Remove the stock steering connector from the steering cable. Do not remove the jam nut.
- Install the PowerFly Steering Extension onto the steering cable. Do not tighten the jam nut yet. The kit includes an extra 6mm x 40 mm stud for a longer extension if needed.
- Attach the PowerFly Nozzle to the interface plate just like you do with the Flyboard U-Tube. Make sure the plunger is engaged.
- Attach the steering joint to the ball on the steering nozzle. See Figure 2. Now you are ready to check proper alignment. Make sure the handle bars are straight and then check the steering nozzle to make sure it is straight. See Figure 1.
- When you have the proper alignment, tighten the jam nut against the PowerFly Steering Extension. See Figure 2. When tightening the jam nut, make sure the opening of the steering joint is facing up toward the steering ball.
- Frequently check bolts and jam nuts to make sure they have not come loose or have too much plate between the interface plate and nozzle.
- Attach a safety lanyard to the nozzle in case you drop the nozzle in the water while installing. (Sold separately). Practice installing and removing the nozzle several times out of the water before going into the water.
- WARNING: If the jam nut is not tightened properly, you could loose your steering extension while flying.
PowerFly Quick Steering Adapter Kit - Yamaha
- Remove all reverse components from stationary nozzle and steering nozzle. See Figure 1.
- Attach the stationary nozzle to the adapter plate using 4 – M10 x 1.5mm bolts and washers. See Figure 2.
- Remove the stock steering connector and install the PowerFly steering extension. See Figure 3.
- Install the PowerFly steering ball joint facing down. Install 6mm nut. See Figure 4.
- Attach the lanyard for the quick disconnect pin using the 6mm bolt. See Figure 4.
- Connect the steering extension to the ball joint. Make sure the handlebars are set straight and check if the steering nozzle is straight. Adjust accordingly. Tighten 6mm lock nut against the steering extension.
- Loosen all 4 bolts for the ride plate (about half way). Insert the two plastic shims around the 2 rear bolts. See Figure 5. Tighten all 4 ride plate bolts.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not worry about the trim. The nozzle will go to the neutral position when started.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Frequently check bolts to make sure they have not come loose or to much play between the adapter plates.
- WARNING: DO NOT run WOT with this system.
Installing the PowerFly Pump
PowerFly Shock System Installation Instructions
Before installing, make sure the bow eye has no sharp areas that could damage the strap and shock cord. If so, sand them down and make smooth.
- Insert the large loop end of the yellow strap through the bow eye.
- Take the small looped end of the yellow strap and place it through the large loop, pull tight, basically making a half hitch around the bow eye. (See picture below)
- Take the black shock cord and place it through the bow eye. Re-attach it to the pear shaped locking connector. Use a wrench to tighten the hex lock. (Do not finger tighten) If you are using two shock cords, repeat this step.
- Remove the hose from the U-tube. Take off the old hose harness and install the PowerFly hose harness. Re-attach to the U-tube. Place the large carabiner on the D-Ring of the PowerFly harness. When you are ready to fly, attach the large carabineer that is on the PowerFly harness to the small loop end of the yellow strap and the pear shaped locking connector attached to the black shock cord.
NOTE: Leave the strap and shock cords attached to the bow eye at all times. There is no need to remove every time you fly.
PowerFly Safety Skin Installation Instructions
- We highly recommend removing your mirrors. This usually requires removing 3 bolts under the hood and are easily accessible.
- Lay out the Safety Skin. Use an inflation device similar to that of an air mattress to inflate all 5 chambers. Make sure the chambers are filled up completely and firmly.
- Place the Safety Skin over top the front of the ski. (This may be easier with two people). Route the front 1” strap through the bow eye and connect to the fastener on the other side. Tighten until the nose of the Safety Skin wraps over the front. See Fig 1.
- Keeping the Safety Skin centered on the front of the ski, take one of the 2” straps and route it down to the bond flange. See Fig 2 below for proper angle. Mark your bond flange where your through bolt will go. Install the ladder hook (through bolt) at the marked location.
- Through bolt: Drill one side of the ladder hook then place the bolt through it. Now drill the other side. When drilling through the bond flange, make sure you are centered and that there is nothing else on the other side to interfere with the mounting. See Fig 3.
- Before fully installing the bolt system, slide the loop on the 2” strap around the ladder hook. Then secure the ladder hook to the bond flange. Repeat this step for the other 3 straps.
Zapata Racing: Wireless EMK Instruction Manual
Zapata Racing: Flyboard Legend Manual
Zapata Racing: Hoverboard Manual
Zapata Racing: Flyboard Pro Series Manual
Zapata Racing: Jet Pack Manual